Super Long (and overdue) Post - Liebster Award



So, I accidentally took two weeks off of blogging. Sorry! However, I was super excited when I logged back in today and saw that I was nominated for an award. WHAT? Lindsay at Just Keep Teaching has nominated me for the Liebster Award. In the middle of writing this post, I found out that Melanie from Finding the Joy has nominated me too! Aren't they awesome?

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (I qualify with my lovely 30 :)) The award is given to recognize new blogs and welcome them to the blogging community. The word "Liebster" is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant valued, and welcome.


So the rules:
I must: 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.  

Step 1: First of all, thank you so much to Lindsay at Just Keep Teaching! She is getting ready to start her first year teaching and has a super cute blog! I am so excited to follow her and see her first year! Thank you so much to Melanie at Finding The Joy too! She's got fantastic posts with amazing information! 

Step 2: Okay, here are my nominations:
My Photo

Toengagethemall

 photo c2573f27-f3ce-4e19-a53f-cfd23c74edca_zpsb2c699c8.jpg




Step 3: Let's start with Lindsay's Questions:

1. What is your most fond experience in the classroom?
On my last day of student teaching, I was walking back from bus duty. A kid I had worked hard with all semester and who had struggles jumped up to give me a hug. He was one of those kids who you never knew how much was getting into his brain and he never showed emotion other than meltdowns. I'm not doing the story any justice but his story could be a whole blog full of posts. Regardless, it was an amazing way to end my student teaching. 

2. What lesson do you think made the biggest impact on your students?
This one is really hard. Honestly, I hope that the biggest impact was being kind to one another. 

3. Do you speak any languages? If so, which ones?
Does gibberish count? No, okay then how about 5th grader-ese?  I speak both of those.

4. Do you own any animals (furkids!)? If so, tell about them!
I WISH! I want a puppy brother so bad!

5. If you could choose one item for your classroom to be donated, what would it be and why?
I can only choose one thing? Does a class set count as one whole? I would love a class set of laptops!

6. How would you describe your teaching style?
Relaxed, open, high expectations, challenging, goofy, RIDICULOUS. 

7. How many years have you been teaching? If you are a newbie-where do you see yourself in ten years?
I'm a newbie! Well I finished my 1st year, so I guess I'm slowly being kicked out of the newbie club. In ten years, I hope to have a masters in (insert something to do with education here). 

8. Name your top five books that EVERY classroom should own - GO!
- Thank You, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
- The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales by Jon Sczieska
- Hoot by Carl Haissen
- The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Sczieska
- And for us teachers... Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby Payne

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick and why? 

I would live by the beach, surrounded by my family. It's hard with them 7 hours away!

10. What is your favorite memory of your childhood or your favorite teacher?
   My 3rd and 5th grade teachers are my favorites and stand out the most. Ms. Manos and Ms. Porter. In fact, after I got hired in 5th grade, Ms. Porter sent me crates full of books for my classroom and kids. Awesome!

11. What is your favorite resource that you've ever used for teaching purposes?
I love love love Moby Math - its a great online program that was just expanded to include reading and grammar. Best part: my kids love it too!

Now for Melanie's questions: 
1. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
  This is tough since I've wanted to be a teacher since I was little. I probably would go to Grad school for Higher Education and work in university student activities. 

2. What is your favorite thing about your classroom?
I  I love my wall of storage! It hides my clutter. :)

3. What do you like least about your classroom?
   I wish I had wall space, all 4 of my walls are taken up by cubbies, storage, or whiteboard.

4. What are you currently reading?
  Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

5. How long have you been blogging?
  6 months. I'm a rookie :)

6. Pets?
  Nope :(

7. What school supply can't you live without?
   Hmmm, I'm going to go with erasers! We make plenty of mistakes in 5th grade. :)

8. What is your dream vacation destination?
Bora-Bora-Resort-Society-Islands-French-Polynesia-  Bora Bora! It always looks absolutely beautiful on Pinterest! 

9. What's on your summer bucket list?
  To do as little work as possible and as much relaxing as possible. 

10. What is your "go to" blog?
I I have 3 I constantly keep track of: Teaching is a Gift Young Teacher Love, Joy in the Journey 

11. Favorite snack?
   Chips and salsa

Step 4: 11 Random Facts (This is starting to eerily look like an old-school Facebook note):
1. Pickles are the grossest food I've ever seen in my life. 
2. I'm a huge nerd. I read every night.
3. I am a die hard DC sports fan. I am obsessed with the Redskins and Nationals. 
4. I am way to stubborn for my own good.
5. I hate shoes. I wish I could live barefoot or in flip flops.
6. I am absolutely in love with my Alma Mater - Coastal Carolina University. While others were counting the number of days until we got out, I was sad about leaving. There is no better place in the world!
7. My favorite color is lime green.
8. I'm a chicken. No really, I hate heights, fast things, scary movies, and mascots!
9. I usually forget that I don't like mascots until I'm within 5 feet of them. They just look so stinking cute from far away!
10. I cannot survive without my morning coffee. 
11. I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

Nominees Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you were President of the United States, what would be the first thing you would do?
3. 10 years ago, did you think you'd be where you are today? If not, where did you think you'd be?
4. What are you currently reading?
5. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
6. What is your most listened to song?
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
8. What is your guilty pleasure food?
9. Where are you originally from?
10. Who do you admire most?
11. What is your blogging niche? 


WHEWWWW! I'm finished! That was long, but fun to write! 


Labels: , ,