Cleaning out and Organizing

Woo hoo! I have officially made it through my first year of teaching! Our kids finished Monday and I finished on Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday we had meetings so I didn't get much done in my room. Buuuuut, Thursday and Friday most teachers took leave days so I was one of very few teachers. Therefore, I got the most work done those 2 days!

At the beginning of the year, when I was moving into my classroom, I was obviously extremely overwhelmed with everything. I didn't know where to start or what to do. My big sister (also a teacher), my little sister (the muscles), and my Mom had come and they worked in my classroom when I went to my new teacher orientation. Thank goodness they came because they organized and hung up and set up most of my classroom!

When we were organizing, I didn't want to throw anything away or move anything because, well, I had no idea what I was going to need/want/use. Throw on top of that, when we were getting ready for EOG testing, I threw A LOT of my random junk into those cupboards so they were hidden. So, I had a lot of work to get done.

Here's my beginning/middle. I had already emptied my teacher desk (I don't want it back!) and that is part of what is all over my kidney table.




Look what I found! This made me laugh.

Some afters:

My supplies are organized and labeled now with Post-Its. After summer, I'll make some cuter labels. :)

Same closet! Those binders hold lesson plans, standards, policy manuals, and student information.

This one is blurry but I condensed and organized my FIVE force and motion kits  and measurement kits. So much better than a million boxes!

So excited to go back to a neat and organized room! 

On a side note, this is my summer job. Jealous? :)

Labels: ,